PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Tonight I decided to open up some LBF that I had stashed away. While only about 18 months is on this particular jar I'm amazed at how it has changed the blend. It could be that I haven't smoked LBF in a while and just forgot that this stuff is just really good, but it seems to me to be smoother and more cohesive as a taste profile. I don't find that I can separate the VA and Perique as readily. Is this what age does to VaPers or is it blend by blend? Looks like I'll be ordering up some more LBF too! A few to cellar and some more to smoke on the spot, man this stuff is right on.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've got some LBF stashed myself - I'll have to dig it out and see if it's as good as I remember. I have noticed that my 2 year old Escudo is getting better and better every time I smoke it, so it turns out my plan to begin my cellar with Escudo was a good one... :D
Brian Levine did a Pipes Magazine Radio Show specifically referencing the difference that 5 and 10 years made on a tin of Escudo. LBF adds in Cavendish, so the specific flavor profiles will likely be a little different, but I'd expect the aging of the Virginias and Perique to be similar.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
but it seems to me to be smoother and more cohesive as a taste profile.
That's been my experience with LBF. But I liked it better fresh! The aging takes most of the fruitiness out of the cavendish and that was always my favorite thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.