PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I just tried some 6 months old LBF, and must say I am not very impressed. Compared to Davidoffs Version it is tasteless and boring IMO. I just Wonder if anyone have some experience aging it for a longer period and how it develop. I bought a Box anyway, because I guess after a couple of years it will be more than ok, and for the price it is really worth the wait. So anyone knows if it really is?

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I like bulls eye flake I didn't age it I just smoked it. did you rub it out or fold and stuff?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a huge fan of LBF. I like it just fine fresh. And while, like most Virginias, it changes with age, I don't find that intense improvement that I find with aged Luxury Navy Flake. Regardless, it's among my favorites. The great thing about our hobby is the wide selection of blends and the broad diversity of palettes. So to each his own. Cheers!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
PS LBF and Davidoff FM have, in the past, actually been confirmed by the manufacturer to be the same exact tobacco, made in the same factory.

I love LBF and have quite a bit of it put away to age. I've smoked Davidoff FM quite a bit as well, and can't tell a difference.

I also have a strong suspicion that Comoy's Cask #7 is also LBF under a different name, as they are pretty much identical in taste and appearance.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I have done both fold and stuff and rubbed out. I rub it out more but try doing the fold and stuff and see if you like it.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I have aged Orlik Bulls eye now discontinued. I have a jar with a year on it, and I smoked some a few days ago. It was nothing that I won't miss when it's gone

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I find that with that one I prefer fold and stuff to rubbed out. I don't know why exactly, other than to say that I like the taste and experience better. As for age on it, I've not had any with age, but I don't feel that there is much to be added to this blend by age as it is fairly balanced out of the gate.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I agree that 6 months is not aging, but bulk improves a lot in just 2 months in jar. It is not because of aging. So after 6 months it should it should have been "normal" so to say. In my opinion it had not much flavor, so I was looking for someone who had experience in leaving it a couple of years to see if it had developed a lot.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I did purchase 5 lbs of LBF last year. I'v planned for 5 years smoking but smoked 8 oz in a month.

I do 2/3 fold and 1/3 rubbed top with 1 and half coin. It gave me rich and tasteful long hourly smoke.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I have never claimed six months is aged. Where does people get that from.? I just said I have smoked some six months old. That is pretty much a fresh standard tobacco, as one would expect from any tin bought in shop. Therefore I asked if anyone ever tried it aged. Jeeez!

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I'm not a big cavendish fan myself, but as long as it is unflavored it is acceptable and might even add something interesting. I have big hopes for this one so I grabbed a 24 Oz. box just to see. And thanks to trailboss for clearing it all up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.