PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I like my Negoita reverse calabash so much that I took the leap and ordered a Radice Aerobilliard from neat pipes. Also grabbed a Radice ashtray while I was at it.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Nice one peck. I almost went for that one too. Lovely field of bird's eye on it. And the ashtray is killer. I'd be afraid to use it. It's so nice. If you ever tire of it you can use it as a briar block to carve an Eskimo. Enjoy!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nice Peck.... did you see the one Luca had made for me?
It's Morta! :D
8737732679_03c61123d4_b.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
It smokes grand too, I have found it cakes quicker than my 6 other Morta pipes do and just finished smoking Anniversary Kake in all 7 of them and will be doing a write up on my findings for another forum that asked me to do it. I know you'll enjoy yours, mine came with a Neatpipes pillow, a gorgeous tamper/cleaner with a Radice sack for it and drawstring bag for the pipe, Luca also has the care instruction on his Pipe in the Sky photo on the back. Got the pipe in 56 hours from Italy to a small town in Maine after paying for it.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Just jumping on the bandwagon here. This is a great smoker. Gotta hand it to Radice when it comes to quality and packaging. The pillow was an interesting find when opening the box. The cleaning tool adds to the experience.
Fish: that morta is a beauty.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Is that really the size of the ashtray?? It's like a coffee table!

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
The birdseye on your aerobilliard is spectacular! I love that smokey contrast finish.
The pipe pictured on top of the ashtray looks very small (like novelty small), which makes me think the ashtray is not as large as implied. How big is it actually?

Dec 24, 2012
The pipe on top of the ashtray is just a carved handle or knob to lift the top off - ie the handle looks like a pipe. The dimeter of the ashtray is about 7 inches

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Bump. You guys who have aerobilliards, how do you like them? I was looking at these and never noticed the "reverse calabash" design. I'm not exactly sure what a reverse calabash is, but I presume the chamber in the shank captures moisture...

Dec 24, 2012
I have three different reverse calabash pipes, one of which is a Radice Aerobilliard, Do I think they smoke any cooler than any other high quality briar pipe? Not that I can detect. That is my personal view. I am sure others will vehemently disagree.

gtclark

Oct 3, 2013
Do I think they smoke any cooler than any other high quality briar pipe? Not that I can detect.
Thanks for the update, Peck. The design is very novel, and I'd like to own one eventually, but it seems like its not the last word in pipe engineering...
On a side note, I'm sure it smokes a great deal cooler than a conventional pipe of similar length, correct?

Dec 24, 2012
On a side note, I'm sure it smokes a great deal cooler than a conventional pipe of similar length, correct?
I don't really know, as I don't own any other pipes that are that short

Status
Not open for further replies.