PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Ok, I did today a stupid thing as I had the great idea to drop my pipe on concrete and the result is that, as you can see, the stem transected at the mortise. It's not easy to remove the part remained inside the mortise and I don't want to make an irreparable damage trying to remove by myself. So it will be best to send to someone who is experienced in replacing with a new stem.

Any recommendation?

img_2136-600x450.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I did today a stupid thing as I had the great idea to drop my pipe on concrete
There are two kinds of pipe smokers. Those that have dropped and broken pipes, and those about are about too.
Go with Ric from Briarville for the repair

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I use Briarville also. Ric does good work and it doesn't usually take a month or two to get it done.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Even from here across the pond,the very moment when I may need to have a serious' repair job done or a flawless brand new stem to my pipes then The BriarVille would very probably be one of the few places with whom I choose to contact,

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Tim West does a great job. Matter of fact, he performs repairs for a number of shops, over 30 yrs experience. http://www.jhlowe.com/tobacco_pipe_repairs.htm

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
After the recent thread with the shoddy Briarville bulldog restem, I would hesitate to send any of my pipes that direction. Although you all seem to praise them.. I wonder if that bulldog example may not have been an accurate representation of their normal quality of work?!
My vote at this time, based on pipe value not being super high grade, would be Tim West.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
We have had pipes repaired by Walker and Tim West. Both did very good work. I have not dealt with Briarville, but have only heard good things.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Thank you very much for the good advise.

I decided to go with Anthony Cook because I saw in his web site an example of a repair of a broken stem similar to mine and because in the low quality pics I sent him he spotted a small chip in the stem also.

I will let you know how will be the repair.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Anthony is doing some work for me at the moment and there is no doubt that he is top of the line. Excited for your update!

Status
Not open for further replies.