PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
I just got into english blends and im also hearing alot of yall talking bout 1Q and black house and how bout Grandads tobacco.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I haven't tried it, but Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, and Dunhill Night Cap is considered to be EMP's big brother, and from what I've been told here, considered by many to be the classic English blend. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks it does help. Where might i be able to find 1Q and some Grandpa's?

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks rothnh and loneredtree i will find some and will let you all know what i think.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I tell anyone getting onto English blends to try Dunhill 965, it is a terrific smoke and its the tobacco all other English blends are judged by.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Personally, I would not recommend 965 to anyone; I heartily dislike it. I would also not recommend Black House to anyone trying English style blends for the first time.

A lot of guys here like the Frog Morton series; those are crossover English blends that are topped. I don't care for them, but you might.
My go-to English blends are Peterson's Old Dublin (which, thank heavens, has not gained a following here so it is easy to find) and Sam Gawaith Squadron Leader, which unfortunately does.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I agree with Jud. If you want to try an English with latakia try Frog Morton on the Town. If you want to try one with heavy orientals (the original English) then try Magnum Opus by H&H. Then step on to the heavier blends that are commonly thought of as the traditional English: that is traditional in today's opinion.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I'm with Jud as well

Personally, I would not recommend 965 to anyone; I heartily dislike it
However, full disclosure, I am not a big fan of most English (aka Latakia) blends. I did like Magnum Opus, Black House and Squadron Leader better than most others I have tried in the past. But still not enough to stock up huge quantities of them ;-)

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Why bother asking? When you start reading the reviews on this forum, your just going to start buying every blend you can get your hands on. Haha, enjoy the smokes and welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.