PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
i am planning on stocking up on as much tobacco as i possibly can ... alot will be bulk and into jars but also tins and some will just have to stay in the sealed plastic bags. I am also wanting to stock up on cigars .. im a big fan but dont get to many decent ones here ( at a decent price anyway) and was concidering a huge humidor . Now i know people dont advise storing the 2 together but do you guys reckon there would be some kind of middle ground where i could keep pipe tobacco safe and "fresh" as well as protecting the cigars without the two interfering with eachother ... or should i just have cigars in the humidor and just fork out for jars for the pipe tobacco ? The idea was to have all the tobacco in one place neat and tidy and looking good .

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Dont mix the pipe tobacco and the cigars, the cigars will take on the flavour of pipe tobacco. That and the humidity difference means they dont mix. If you're cellaring because of price don't take any chances.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Cigars need a much higher humidity than pipe tobacco, it's not a good idea to mix the two. I wouldn't recommend leaving tobacco in plastic bags, even if they're heat-sealed. You should be able to get Mason jars for around $10 a case for the quart size, a little less for smaller ones. They're much more reliable for long term storage.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
i was thinking that would prob be the case but i dont mind askin people who know more than me cheers and i spose sealed jars are not really expensive when u think about the value of whats going in them .. time and dollar wise , now i need to find more tobacco suppliers that are overseas shipping friendly ... sofar i only know of 1 that ships as a gift with 0 value on the customs form and sofar they have sailed through customs ( and every package has been inspected )... time to get Stocked up before even ordering from overseas is out of reach for the normal working guy

Status
Not open for further replies.