PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickg

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
How many out there are addicted to the pipe in the true sense of the word. Like if you didn't have a pipe, you'd be feel anxious, jittery, etc...

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
If I could smoke inside I would definitely smoke a lot more. I always have my pipe with me though. If I didn't I would be wishing I did

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I constantly trade off my time with the pipe.
If I have a spare hour in my evening I can make a decision. Smoke a pipe. Or seduce the wife.
The pipe wins if I'm unsuccessful of course. :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If I could smoke while I slept I would be a happy camper. As soon as I get up, I put on the coffee, take out the dogs and light up my pipe. I smoke all day and night and have a pipe in my mouth constantly. When I go out to do errands, my pipe is with me. Yeah I'd say I was addicted.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I would say i have a healthy love of my pipe. I am not physically addicted.I test myself now and again with a day or two off. I do however tend to have it poking out of my mush most of the time.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I usually only smoke once per day, but I find that it easily becomes habitual and I start to smoke two or three times... I generally give it up for a few days at that point, because I notice myself thinking about it.
I'm eager to avoid becoming dependent on the pipe, so taking a break every so often is a fair tradeoff. I went away for over a week at the beginning of August without my pipes, and it didn't affect me physically so I mustn't be 100% addicted.
Still, I keep coming back to it by choice! The other reason I take a break from smoking is when I don't enjoy the flavours like I should - it is very much a taste thing for me, and if that's not there, then it's just nicotine consumption and I'd rather do without.

ruggierm1

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
I smoke a couple of times a week, and I find myself thinking about smoking when I'm not smoking. If that's addiction, color me addicted.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
....now when they legalize marijuana, that's a different story.

:rofl: The only problem is you have to inhale that stuff into your lungs -yuck. When they legalize it I'll grow enough to bake it into my muffins to go with coffee and a tobacco pipe in the morning -yum :D
Not addicted. I love my pipes and tobacco but I can go days on end without without the jitters.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
While I wouldn't say that I am necessarily addicted to my pipes, I would say that I am most definitely addicted to tobacco products. I can put down my pipe without concern - however before long I will find myself reaching for the humidore with a nostril full of snuff, a lip full of chaw (ok, not really - that's the one form of tobacco I've never taken to) and a cigarette dangling from my lip.
Much easier (and cheaper) to simply keep a loaded pipe within reach at all times.

machurtado

Lurker
Jun 12, 2012
If I could smoke inside I would smoke a lot more than I do. I currently smoke about 4-5 times a week but I do constantly think about pipes or tobacco.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I should clarify that I'm frequently thinking about pipes and tobacco, but moreso I try to discourage myself when I am constantly thinking "I should have a smoke" and find myself reaching for it more often that usual... With that said, I usually carry on until I find my tastebuds are getting a bit dull - a break usually works wonders and increases my appreciation for the smokes.
I've given it up for extended periods, particularly when the weather is terrible, but I always come back to the pipe because I rather enjoy it!

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Hi, my name is Lazydog and Im an addict....Ridht now, powerless to quit smoking my pipe. Why, I love smoking my pipe. I have limited my pipe smoking to 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 x a day. Think I'll have a bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.