PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I have been looking to add another Parker to my collection and when I found this on Viking Pipe Club's site I couldn't pass it up.

It is a Parker 140 Super Bark.

They have it listed as a vintage pipe and from what I am able to figure it is post 1952. It seems to be in pretty damned nice shape and I really dig the shape and blast.

Anyone know how to date a Parker?
imagejpg1_zpsc91dbf6d.jpg
[/url][/img]
imagejpg1_zps4dc4ac2f.jpg
[/url][/img]

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a nifty compact little number that is. I have a Parker poker/cheerywood sitter that I like a lot,

my only Parker, but this one is distinctive. I don't think you can go out and find one like this easily.

Good catch. Even my poker would take some prospecting, I believe. They're solid little smokers.

May 31, 2012
A supersweet Parker you got there,

I love 'em, and yours is sporting a goodly deep blast!
According to pipephil, they stopped putting pat.#'s on them in 1957.
I'd say your pipe is most likely from the late 50's or early to mid 60's, by the late 60's with the Hardcastle merger and on into the 70's,

quality plummeted --- and yours looks like one of the nice older pipes.
At some point they also removed the circled grp.#, I'm not sure at what time that happened.
You can still find brand new Parkers with the super-diamond stamp, but they lack shape or grp. #'s.

https://novelli.it/eng/pipes/testdiv4.asp?produttore=%20Parker&modello=Super%20Bruyere&cod=plpb29&id=4192&opdb=1
Anyway, yours looks cherry mint fresh!
Good score!

Happy puffing!

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.