Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Now that I have my Comoy pipe back from Ken Davis, here's a comparison shot.
Below: Adam Davidson 2013 Military Mount Billiard with Silver Band.
Above: 1965 Comoy Sandblast Sterling Silver HC hallmark that inspired the AD pipe.
(Click on the photo for a larger version.)

Dec 24, 2012
Sweet pipes. Adam Davidson is a skilled carver and very underrated in my view. I am always on the hunt for his pipes.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Both are great looking pipes. Nice to see an artisan who has the chops to do the classics correctly. Kevin, which one smokes better or do they smoke equally as well?

adamgt

Lurker
Sep 4, 2013
Like Sykes Wilford said, I love this little asymmetrical piece that seems simultaneously influenced by Danish designs from Sixten Ivarsson and Jorn Micke from the 1960s and recent work from Hiroyuki Tokutomi. The bowl seems to be lurching forward and to the right, an impression subtly offset by the bamboo which bends ever so slightly to the left as it progresses towards the bowl. The blast, while light, is very good, with excellent definition of the tight ring grain, terminating into dense, super-spiky plateau on the rim. I love Adam's use of color in this pipe, with the jet black stained sandblasting, the jet black, hand-cut vulcanite stem, and the soft cream colored four-knuckle length of bamboo in between. The contrast is stark, but the radical juxtaposition fits the rest of the pipe with its clean hard edges, sharp points and clear delineation.

Status
Not open for further replies.