PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Was in at the local Wally World and wife need some Bic lighters. As I scanned the lighters there were 3 brands of pipe lighter. Zippo with the pipe insert, some cheap piece of Chinese crap pipe lighter and a Ronson pipe lighter. I liked the look of the Ronson and picked one up for $8. So far it's been doing the job.
For Walmart to carry 3 versions they must believe there is a market for them; that or they are selling to the weed users.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I noticed that too, here in central N.C., and it especially interested me because they do not carry pipes of any kind nor pipe tobacco. Why would weed smokers need a pipe lighter when a standard Bic will do? There used to be a "Smoker Friendly" chain two doors down with dreadful Chinese cobs but some fair OTC's, but they closed.

twiggy

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2019
Niagara Falls
I was just at Walmart earlier today, and well, they didn't seem to have anything but bics, which is weird because up here in Canada recreational marijuana is legal, there's even marijuana stores, so if they are selling to weed users, it's weird that they aren't doing so in a place where it is legal nation wide.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I’ve bought the Zippo lighters from the local Walmart, but haven’t seen the Ronson pipe lighter here. Next time I’m in the store I’ll have to make it a point to look for one. I’ve heard they work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.