PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
On the true light, and and felt good for about 3 seconds, and then boy, was I dizzy. As a former cigarette smoker I thought my nicotine tolerance was relatively high, but pipe tobacco is it's own beast. Inhale this baccy at your own risk :oops:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Nice, I've got 14 tins of this but haven't tried it yet. I like high octane tobacco.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
This happened to me when I was lighting up my first bowl of Balkan Sobranie in a new pipe. I was too excited to smoke a new pipe and a highly regarded tobacco that on the first light, I took in a deep breath. I was coughing like a train for no less than 5 minutes. Even after that, I felt like I was still breathing out smoke.
Anyways, back on topic, Erinmore Flake is good stuff, though I don't think I'll ever inhale it. =P

125osprey

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
My first post!
After a long hiatus from smoking my pipe, I got back into it last summer. My first bowl was Leo and it went straight not only to my head but to my entire body. I thought, “Well, this isn't as much fun as I remember”. That's what I get for not smoking for many years.Or perhaps I was trying too hard. No problems with it since, though.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have the ribbon cut erinmore - It was one of the first baccy's I tried. How is the flake in comparison?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the rare occasions when I catch a little pipe smoke in my trachea, I especially don't want to become

inured to that. I know some pipe smokers do, but I don't think it's good.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
I made the mistake of smoking some Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture in my new MacArthur corn cob....smoked great for about 1-1/2 hours, but at the end I felt like I got punched in the gut and my head was spinning. I had to lay down for a half hour to recover from it.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
So Andy-- How come you have 14 tins of a tobacco you've never tried? A serious question-- not trying to bust your chops or anything.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
How come you have 14 tins of a tobacco you've never tried
Unfortunately, this is where pipe smoking men are a lot like women ... IT WAS ON SALE! :rofl:

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I've been smoking cigarettes for 15 years, I smoke cigars, pipes and I partake in Snuff. I thought I had a pretty decent Nic tolerance up until last week when I tried my first VaPer. I inhaled a couple of puffs deeply (bad idea, I know, but...) and DAYUMMMMMMNNNNN it was like I got hit in the had with a basketball filled with water...
It was Dan Tobacco's Ascanian Nº1, "Soft and Unique". Beware, soft only refers to the taste!!

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
I haven't had a nic hit so far in my pipe smoking, but definitely had it bad with a cigar over the summer. I believe it was an Aging Room, the the owner of a local shop had recommended. It tasted so good that I wasn't regulating my puffing. When I got done, I stood up from my chair and was nearly floored. I remember clinging to the side of my couch trying to stop the room from spinning and fighting the nausea. I bought two of them, and have not yet had to courage to smoke the other one.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
In my opinion Erinmore is not high in nicotine. If you want to experience that, try either SG or GH Black and Brown Rope, Bracken Flake, 1792, Condor, Dark Birdseye, Kendal Dark, Kendal KY, Irish Flake or 5 Brothers. But if nicotine gets to you, go very slow, and the first time you find your innards moving or otherwise acting strangely, abort. If you continue you have literally three seconds to get to the bathroom;).

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
So Andy-- How come you have 14 tins of a tobacco you've never tried? A serious question-- not trying to bust your chops or anything.
Well it was 5.75 a tin on sale and from reading up on the reviews I figured I would like it. I'm not very picky when it comes to smoking tobacco, just happy to have tobacco to smoke. So far I haven't bought a box of cigars or any pipe tobacco I've hated when using reviews as a reference point.
@Psychpipes I hope you're storing the cigar properly or it will become a dried out harsh mess. Smoking cigars requires alot of patience, the first time with a Joya de Nicaragua antano 1970 was like that for me. Since then I've learned if you regulate yourself to about one puff a minute it's a great experience. But yeah I've made that same mistake too and couldn't stand up for about 30 minutes after.

Status
Not open for further replies.