PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
So normally when it comes to eBay I will normally find a pipe and put in a max bid then let it float down the river and see just how far it takes to get blown out of the water. So a few days ago I put a shot across the bow on this one pipe and totally forgot about it. Well yesterday I got the notification that I had won this pipe.
I have been a big fan of his carving for years and I know at one time they/he was a member here and contributed regularly. I can't wait to get this in from turkey and its a churchwarden to boot.
703CB034-1400-4917-BC85-4696B8F9EA4C_zpspbp57ylp.png~original

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Certainly a nifty piece of carving. How often I'd reach for a smoking skull, I'm not sure, but it makes anyone look twice.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I have a beautiful lions head my wife gave me years a go that I only smoke at Christmas time. I like to dress in full Pirate garb or As a vampire for Halloween to hand out candy I think this will make an awesome addition to the Pirate outfit to sit out front and hand out candy smoking this.

baccyfart

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2015
good for you! actually someone gets something on ebay with an early bid and doesn't get sniped in the last 10 seconds.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is a seriously cool pipe!
Love the thread title too. I'm gonna hafta try that on wifey...honest honey, I accidentally bought this pipe! :lol:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I hate it when I accidentally buy a pipe. I usually use the excuse that I placed a bid nothing thinking I would win, but that usually does not go over well.
Nice pipe though! That would look sweet in your full pirate garb.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Only he can carve such pipe. congrats.

Can you please share link to his eBay account, he seems to come and go under 2 or 3 names and I lost his store.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
That is a seriously cool pipe!

Love the thread title too. I'm gonna hafta try that on wifey...honest honey, I accidentally bought this pipe!
If she's like mine she just rolls her eyes and sighs. LOL
I hate it when I accidentally buy a pipe. I usually use the excuse that I placed a bid nothing thinking I would win, but that usually does not go over well.
Nice pipe though! That would look sweet in your full pirate garb.
Oh the lady is not fooled but we have an understanding.. LOL
Only he can carve such pipe. congrats.

Can you please share link to his eBay account, he seems to come and go under 2 or 3 names and I lost his store.
His carvings are second to none. In the ebay search field type
Code:
seller:s.yanik
he dosent have any for sell right now but he will.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congratulations. I truly enjoy my Yanik meer, and hope you'll have similar feelings about yours.
-- Pat

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's rare, in my experience, to find such an anatomically correct skull carving.

Most are clunky and amateurish looking. 'Hope you enjoy it while reading Hamlet. :puffy:

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
It's rare, in my experience, to find such an anatomically correct skull carving.

Most are clunky and amateurish looking. 'Hope you enjoy it while reading Hamlet.

Code:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite<br />
 jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a<br />
 thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!<br />
 My gorge rises at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.