Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Everyday I pick my daughter up from the bus at a local Home Depot. Just happens to be the drop off point. I do not have any sort of device with a data plan however the home depot has free wifi that my tablet is within range to use. Today I went to check the order status on my TAD from smokingpipes.com and I got an access denied error. I then tried 2 other tobacco shops same thing. I also went to make this post right after and was not allowed access to this forum. However I was able to bring up the website for Jack Daniels, Laphroiag and Guiness. I also put in some pretty proafne words to seen if I had acces to an adult website (which I do not use just not my cup of tea) and was able to pull up the page. Thought this was interesting.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I actually work for one of the most recognizable health care organizations in the world, and I can get to any tobacco related site. Shhhhhhhhhhh :)

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I actually work for one of the most recognizable health care organizations in the world, and I can get to any tobacco related site. Shhhhhhhhhhh [:)]
Its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
"No, no, Honey, you've got it all wrong...I only visit that website when I'm at the bus station by the Home Depot!"

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
Sorry if this is off topic, but your story about 'testing' the adult filter reminded me of this wonderful speech on free expression by the late Christopher Hitchens. This is the relevant portion, but I do encourage everyone to go watch the whole thing ;)
About this censorious instinct, we basically know all that we need to know and we've known it for a long time. It comes form an old story about another great Englishman, sorry to sound so particular about that this evening, Dr. Samuel Johnson the great lexicographer the author of the first - compiler, I should say - of the first great dictionary of the English language. When it was complete, Dr. Johnson was waited on by both delegations of; the people to congratulate him of the nobility of the quality; of the commons; of the Lords; and also by delegations of respectable ladies of London, who tended on him in his Fleet Street lodgings and congratulated him: "Dr. Johnson," they said, "We are delighted to find that you have not included any indecent or obscene words in your dictionary." "Ladies," said Dr. Johnson, "I congratulate you on being able to look them up". :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.