PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
http://www.kplctv.com/story/24776971/cameron-wildlife-refuge-accepting-applications-for-alligator-hunters
A fun activity one can enjoy with a pipe in his mouth. Lake Charles, La. has the big gators if you have an itching for tagging one. Their meat taste more like turtle than chicken. Great for a Sauce Piquant over Cajun popcorn rice.
First time I went, I had a big Alligator regurgitate a half digested Nutria all over my blue jeans and down my boots! I didn't really know what stink was till that moment. :lol:

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Man, you got a cot to sleep on, I'll bring some Stonehaven flake and a gallon of Jack Daniels and we'll get some gators for sure!
I almost drowned in a gator hole in the swamp south of New Orleans when I was about 6...

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Zack, come on over and I'll set it up. Season is late August through late September. Bring a good camera too.
Since the Swamp People TV Show, most gator fisherman charge to let folks tag along and watch. They may even let you dispatch a few gators. Just depends on what kind of experience you want. I'll get you some good recipes to take back home. I have the perfect small boat we can ride in.
Oh, and let me know when your new work is on your site.
Warren, the blend would have to have a good amount of Perique. Maybe some Burley, black Cavendish, Oriental and a touch of Latakia :wink:

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Gator meat is damn tasty. Hunting them looks like a lot of fun.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
2dbjvio.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I went bluegill fishing in Lake Okeechobee and the guide parked the airboat and got out and started wading with 20 or so alligators in sight. My son and I looked at each other and thought ...no friggin way. He turned around and asked us if we were going to stand in the boat or start fishing. He was catching monster bluegill one after the other. so we both got in and were more than nervous, but caught over 150 fish in an hour or so. Likely one of the dumbest or bravest things we will ever do in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.