PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
All artifice is an attempt to mimick something from creation, so the idea of artifice is flawed from the get go.....

If we are working with and from creation, we can go to manifold new heights and places, but as stated above artifice can never succeed

Something in the aware person sees and senses the utter fakeness of it and inwardly says flatly....... no.

Thats about it and thats why fake flaovrings and anything else in this vein will never fly with some, because they will simply not tolerate falsehood in any of its all too common guises.

Also they will not give a fig about being criticized for being " Real."
Until later
SC

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sounds like one of my observations following a non-tobacco smoke! lol
Keep Puffin!! :puffy:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Fibonacci - My hero.

Fibonacci.jpg

fibonaccispiral.jpg

fibonacci%2520spiral%2520staircase.jpg
5.jpg

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
The tobacco blending art of many decades has just been turned on its ear by the declaration (revelation?) that such things are artifice, and not real. I am enlightened. Not!

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
I think starcat has been smoking something other than tobacco in his pipe tonight.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
The real questions is "what is real?" If you believe that everything is based on perceptions then reality is subjective and artifice is either non-existent or subjective too. Plus, you have to take imagination into account as well...new things are created from the imagination (using previous perceptions as a foundation) that are not "from creation" but exists on it's own. The idea "from creation" is tricky as no one living knows for sure whats from creation and what is not because no one was there at creation (we run off of probability). So, the notion of someone rejecting something because it is "fake" is absurd, as no one really knows for sure what is real.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting philosophy, but if you ask me, ruling one's life on a philosophy is a slippery slope, esp if we apply it to other things. Is marinating a steak artifice? Is maple curing bacon artifice? What about adding salt to one's meal? Besides, all tobacco is cased - so one could argue that all tobacco is "fake".
And if we really follow that line of thinking to it's core - the only "real" tobacco is pure leaf, and from what I've heard, raw tobacco leaf is pretty nasty without some blending and casing.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Artifice is all there is. The brain is a virtual reality machine that produces useful artifices (artifeces?). :D

Take color: nothing is "red", but the brain manufactures that sensation. Whew, we're treading on Heisenberg's ground.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Cortez, it gets even crazier than that. What appears red to our eyes is actually absorbing green and is therefore reflecting red. What we see are mere reflections of colors objects do NOT absorb. So, using the color wheel, we see that a blue object is actually taking in orange wavelengths and spitting out blue, while an object reflecting yellow to our eyes is actually sucking up purple - and hence IS purple, and so on. From the three primary colors, red, yellow and blue, all else derives. And all this is dependent on the excitation of photos - light. Without out light, all is black, since no one color can be reflected. In the absence of light, the true color of all objects is black - the combination of all three primary colors in equal amounts.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Imagine the daunting task a chemist has in producing tobacco casing sauces.

He must find not just a chemical that has a certain taste, but rather, one that when burned, tastes like tutti-frutti, or whatever.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
I read the OP and immediately thought of this:
One through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions - what are you going to land on - one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Escioe cited:

That's dialectic physics

One of the great soliloquy's of cinema.

I mean, what are they gonna say when he's gone? 'Cause he dies when it dies, when it dies, he dies! What are they gonna say about him? He was a kind man? He was a wise man? He had plans? He had wisdom? Bullshit, man! And am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me! Look at me! Wrong! [points to Willard] You!

Status
Not open for further replies.