PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I have this nice Butz-Choquin Monarque... and it takes a 9mm filter - I have these 9mm Vauen Dr.Pearl Jr's Systemfilter plus filters.... when I bought the pipe, the store owner gave me a few... Still haven't started smoking it yet - but I have noticed that the filter rattles quite a bit and isn't snug in the stem/mouthpiece... is this normal... or is there a better filter? Thanks,

G

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
Savinelli's 9mm balsa filters are slightly larger than Vauen 9mm filters, chances are those Sav filters will fit your pipe snuggly. This is the issue with filtered pipes: I can't stick a Sav filter in a Vauen pipe, and a Vauen filter won't fit tightly in my Sav pipes.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
That filter should fit your pipe. Generally it takes a little extra push on the filter for it to fit snuggly into the stem. There should be no rattling. Different 9mm charcoal filters are very slightly different in size but I have only found that to be in length.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I have a few 9mm pipes that do this. I have never addressed it. I am going to try the Sav balsa filters the next time I pull one.

One is a military mount and I was just going to install a filter adapter. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.