PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I know this is not the first time a thread has ever been started about the great customer service from SmokingPipes.com and it probably won't be the last one either. :)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
First post timed out on me before I could get it edited.
I recently placed an order from SmokingPipes.com that included 5 tins of Bothy Flake and a few other items. When the order arrived it was shipped with a different tobacco, not the Bothy Flake. Disappointing for sure but not the end of the world. I contacted them by email and explained the situation. I received a response back that same day apologizing for the error and telling me to keep the tobacco I received on them and that they would get the Bothy Flake out to me promptly. Needless to say I was thrilled with this response because 1: Who doesn't like free tobacco? and 2: International return shipping would have been a real PITA.
This my friends is good customer service that put a huge smile on my face. :clap: Jim :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
SPC's staff and customer support have always been top notch in my book as well.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Everything about them is first rate. Be it buying pipes or selling tobacco, they have exceeded my expectations every time. Mark almost never lets on that he's tired of my requests! That's good service ;)

roderick

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
My experience with SPC has been great, and it is good to hear that they responded so professionally to the mix-up. I will continue to do business with them with even more confidence in the future.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Also had this happen to me, ordered two blends and they reversed what I got. Called and they immediately sent me a replacement at no cost. They are a top notch company and I will continue to purchase from them.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've had this same thing -- wrong item -- happen at three companies, and each time, they have sent me a replacement free of charge. P&C, 4noggins and SPC.
Having worked in fulfillment for a short while, I think these kind of errors are near unavoidable. After you fill 15 orders, all the items start to look the same and even reading over the list you won't catch the error.
The only technological solution I can think of is to tag each item with UPC or chip, but that's fallible at the data entry point and more expensive than replacing a few tins of tobacco every month.

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
I recently had a refund on a package that was accidentally sent to China and then a replacement ship was seized and sent back by my very lovely goddamn customs office. upstanding customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.