PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Today was one of those days where I looked over my pipes, looked over my tobaccos, and just couldn't make up my mind. What pipe speaks to me today? What tobacco? I sat down for a bit, and looked again later. This took a few tries today. I sat down at the table for a bit, enjoying some coffee, and just happened to have Bagpipers Dream on the table. So it sort of chose me. Upon looking at my pipes again, I spied my Hilson Dream. It really is a beautiful pipe, but I've only smoked it a few times. Enough to count on one hand actually. So I picked it up and thought I'd see how the pipe and tobacco liked each other. Apparently they liked each other very well and I had a very enjoyable smoke. Kicked back with coffee and lightly sipped the pipe, only having to relight when I grew distracted and forgot to sip. The one time it went out on it's own, I re-lit... and got nothing. I emptied the ash into a can... nothing... but... ash. I leaned back in my chair with a smile, slowly inhaled, slowly exhaled. I was content, I was relaxed. A truly wonderful smoke today.
On the Hilson Dream pipe... This pipe, smoked very few times, has little if any cake buildup and smoked like an absolute dream. So the name fits. I believe Pipesandcigars was the only site carrying them, but it doesn't appear they have any of them anymore. I purchased mine in March... looking back over an old topic I see that I never followed through with a picture. It also seems I purchased the one Cobguy had his sites on. Sorry about that Cobguy. He was happy it went to a member here though so no harm no foul.
CAM00491.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM00487.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM00485.jpg
[/url][/img]
Maybe Russ can chime in and let us know if they'll be getting any more of these in. Because I'd love to have another.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It can be transcendental sometimes. After the last smoke I had like that I didn't pick up a pipe for another 3 or 4 days. It was that satisfying.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks all :) It truly is pleasing when we have a great smoking experience. I love reading about other's and I had to share one of mine as well.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice pairing. Bagpiper's Dream has been a favorite of mine for years and I always have several tins around. Glad you could enjoy the moment.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Love the pipe! I'm not familiar with the current Hilson offerings, although I realize that some of the stock floating around is NOS. I have a Hilson Dromedary, an older pipe made in Holland that has a funny hump in the shank. In spite of its odd looks, it is a very nice smoking pipe, and strangely the hump in the shank makes holding it easier and more versatile. I'm going to have to try some Rattray's tobacco sometime, just never think of it when ordering.
Glad you had a "religious" experience with the pipe and tobacco combo, and hope you have many more. It's been awhile since I've had one, and I think I'm due. :roll:

Jan 8, 2013
Lol agnosticpipe... you will soon enough. Thanks Cobguy... of course every time I pick it up I think of you now. And that's just plain weird 8O
Thanks everyone... I hope you all have wonderful smokes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.