PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
For those of you who, like me, love the smokey flavor of Latakia tobacco, and who also like the taste of a good whiskey, I highly recommend Connemara Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey - a wonderful smokey aroma and taste. Truly a liquor meant to be savored in a leisurely manner, just like our tobacco. And it's not terribly expensive - I got my bottle for about $40. There's also a more expensive twelve-year old version, but I can't imagine how it could taste any better.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Hm, might have to give this one a try. Drunk islay peats for years, never thought about an irish one.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
indeed. I love whiskey of all types but there is something special about single malts and single barrels.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
If you like smoky whiskey, try Laphroaig. It's like salty, smoky, iodine medicine. Don't know if that sells it particularly well, lol.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Take your pick.

20140129_150025.jpg

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
What I like about the Connemara is that it's just rich and smokey, without the medicine-y taste of some peated malts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It sounds mighty good. I was thinking about some Irish coffee for St. Pat's, but I don't think I'd be

using single malt for that.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
gbp3PpS.jpg

Found the image online but this is my new favourite Single Malt on the market, runs me 95$ here in Canada but well worth it cause its a 60% that goes down sooo smooth. And it has a nice fruity taste, not fruit punch fruity like aged Virginia fruit if that makes any sense.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
@leacha.. Those are some of my favorites that you posted.. Another great Isle scotch is Hamiltons.. Its only 20 bucks a bottle and it has a great peaty/smoky taste.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I haven't seen it in my area. Usually I look out for anything peaty but I always go back to Laphroaig.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Laphroaig has some great offerings, my favorite, followed closely by Ardbeg. I love the Laphroaig 10, 18, and cairdeas. I also had the pleasure of enjoying the 25 one night, it was incredible.

B

landon

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2013
I want to try that Double Black froggy. I love the regular Black Label.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
There is a distillery an hour's drive from my place in the foothills of the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia called Wasmund's Copper Fox Distillery. You can buy a keg (3 to 5 liter) and some starter spirits (rye whiskey), fill up the keg, add a charred apple wood chip and age it for 5-7 months. You end up with a very smokey flavored whiskey that is also great with lats. I am sure other distilleries do something like this but sadly, this one does not ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.