A WDC Meerschaum Bulldog Arrived Today...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
This WDC Bulldog arrived today, the exterior of the case is in rough shape but it did it's job, the pipe is in great shape, it features a gold plated shank band and rim cap. I'm not 100% sure but I think the stem is made of real amber, any info on dating it is welcome...

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Great looking pipe! Years ago I had a WDC briar pipe that was a bent bulldog and looked quite similar. It too had a gold plated band but was stamped with a little design. My stem was a golden color, and a couple of local pipe shops told me it was amber, and probably from the late 1800s. I have no idea if that's accurate, but it's all I know, and I never did dare to try and smoke it. Maybe you'll be more gutsy than me, and fire that beauty up.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
Great looking pipe! Years ago I had a WDC briar pipe that was a bent bulldog and looked quite similar. It too had a gold plated band but was stamped with a little design. My stem was a golden color, and a couple of local pipe shops told me it was amber, and probably from the late 1800s. I have no idea if that's accurate, but it's all I know, and I never did dare to try and smoke it. Maybe you'll be more gutsy than me, and fire that beauty up.

Oh yeah, smoking my first bowl in it right now (Escudo) I don't/wouldn't own a pipe that I wouldn't smoke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.