PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
So I drove down to visit my father (who's battling cancer and undergoing radiation therapy) in Delaware. A very quick trip unfortunately - but was good to see him. Yesterday, on the way home, in Hamburg, PA I saw a sign for Cigars Int'l. So I asked my wife if she mind if we stop by real quick. We had a long drive home (12 hours in total) and didn't have much time, but I made a quick stop just to check it out.
Cigars International:
cigars-front-600x428.jpg

cigars-600x428.jpg

cigars1-600x428.jpg

A small pipe section - but hey, at least pipes were represented:
cigars-pipes-600x428.jpg

cigars-pipes1-600x428.jpg

And right next door was Cabela's flagship store. I've seen pics of it before, so I thought it would be a nice thing to see, especially for the kids. Tons of taxidermy, huge fish tank - the kids felt like they were in a museum and had a blast.
cabelas-600x428.jpg

cabelas1-600x428.jpg

cabelas-bears-447x600.jpg

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I've ordered from CI for so many years during my cigar smoking days and I've always wondered what that place looked like-it looks like a warehouse!
Thanks for posting, 6, and best wishes on your father's recovery.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys - I appreciate the well wishes.
I would love to visit the CI store. Make a weekend trip of it, that would be sweet!
It was kinda empty since it was about 1pm on a Sunday, but they also have a full bar and outdoor deck - looks like it would be a cool place to hang out.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Six, I hope all works out well regarding your dad's treatment. I know that it gave him lots of comfort that you and your family were there to visit him.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I wish we had something like that. Even our Cabella's is about an hour away from Seattle.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Sorry to hear about your father Six...best wishes for a full recovery. Thanks for posting the pics...CI looks like a great place.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Six, I hope your Fathers health improves. I travel past CI pretty reguarly. At $8.95/tin, they have great store prices on MM965, I try to pick up a few tins every month. They have an interesting "Pipe Guild" meeting monthly, I've been to one. I stopped by there last week, coming back from NY. I stopped and did about 2 hours of work on the laptop while enjoying a pipe, I don't get many opportunities to do that!
Cabellas is also a great place to visit/shop.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Six:
I've been buying Balkan Sasieni from CI the last few months: 6.75 a tin and one of the best shipping rates.
I'll keep a good thought and a prayer out there for your dad, pal.
Fnord

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys. My dad is hanging in there - we'll just have to wait and see.
Wow, I think I could live in those two stores!
Yeah, I wish we had more time. And the prices on tins at CI were actually pretty good. I was tempted to buy a few, but being in a rush, I figured I'd hold off.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Hamburg superstore is amazing, but that's not where orders ship from. The warehouse would really blow you away!
Russ

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I was up that way this summer, and wanted to visit. It was memorial day weekend, and they were closed on sunday. The worst part is, I had just made a good chunk of change and was looking to spend it there. Oh well, next time.
Pass on my best wishes to your father.

Status
Not open for further replies.