PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Austin is a weird place and the best part is Austin is proud of that. I am a New Yorker and so pretty used to seeing hipsters in droves. This place is hip high in hipsters.

I wasn't too sure if there was going to be a lot of time for pipe smoking and I also wasn't too sure what the policy toward smoking would be. I brought three pipes and a tin of Escudo, and I think it was enough. I have been enjoying a smoke on the hotel's balcony at night and leaving the pipe at home during the day.

Smoking here seems to be of the ciggy kind. The hipsters have elevated that to a bit of high drama. I have seen a lot of higher end cigarettes for sale (Dunhills, Nat Sherman's etc.) quite a few cigars and some vaping not much at all in pipes.

That being said there are plenty of outdoor cafes and patio bars one could have a smoke and cocktail of coffee.

All in all a pretty nice place, good selection of music, food and beer.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
You might want to contact msandoval858 or pylorns. They are VP and Pres. respectively of the Austin Pipe Club. The smoking lounge at the Pipe Shop where they meet has a shuffleboard table! I love shuffleboard. They have come out with their first blend, an English called APC #1, and it's good.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
If you want to see weird, check out Waterloo. It's a music store. What a freak show, but an INCREDIBLE selection of music, especially home grown bands.
Welcome to Texas!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Heroes and Legacies is one of the two places the Austin Pipe Club meet, and is the one with the shuffleboard table. Pipeworld is the other, but they could give you more info. In September at Pipeworld, they got to hang out with Erik freaking Stokkebye and sample various new tobaccos. Their website is: http://www.austinpipeclub.com/, and you might want to contact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.