PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I think I finely got it after trying all the different advice I have gotten from the forum I smoke a bowl today for 2 hours with only 1 relight. The Packing of the bowl more loosely than i thought it needed and slowly sipping the smoke works. This is the first time That I could really enjoy a English blend and taste the flavors of the tobacco. SO Thanks for all the good advice you all have posted on the forum.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I wish it was cool enough outside to enjoy a 2 hr smoke at once... all of my bowls are taking way longer than that (about a third of a bowl at a time)! :lol:

Jul 12, 2011
congrats rip...yeah 2hrs....NICE! agree with markw4mms, SO HOT out there today...only smoke outside so try and get a nice FULL bowl in before before the heat kicks up

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
My girl is out of town for a few weeks so i get to smoke in the house. And i work school hours so I'm off for the summer plenty of time to smoke. Draw back little finances. P.S. all the windows are open and fans going.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
I had a 90-minute (+/-) bowl recently. Since I was outside and it was hot as the dickens, I kept thinking (in desperation and amazement), "How much longer is this going to last?" I was determined to see it through, however. I was relieved when it finally gave up the ghost and I could revive myself inside under the AC.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
When you have nothing but time and a cool place to smoke anything is possible. I didnt try to do it I just lost track of time. I was watching return of the king I started smoking when I started the movie and finished about the end of the movie.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I've enjoyed a few 2 hours smokes but never with one relight (it took me many relights) or an English blend (I had Virginia flakes). Congrats on moving to the next level. :lol:

maduroman

May 15, 2010
with my big a$$ nording freehand i can get 3 plus hrs out of a bowl. but that is 8+ bulls eye flakes...

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Very cool You guys. I keep it lit by gently blowing in to the bowl when the draw gets weak As in very little smoke.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Looks like a good read. The first link is no good it comes up forbidden. I would love to enter a slow smoking competition and go to Chicago one day that is my goal.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I really only smoke pipes in the Dunhill group 3-4 range, and my longest smoke was about 80 minutes. Your 2 hour smoke is impressive! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.