Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
While walking through our Farmer's Market I came upon the stall of a soap maker. He was finishing up a sale to a woman who was purchasing Tobacco scented soap as stocking stuffers for her sons. After getting back on the computer I found out that there are many different tobacco scented products. While no one is trying to capture the scent of cigarettes or cigars, pipe tobacco seems to get popular approval.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
This has aroused my curiosity. What would products like this smell like, since there are so many different pipe blends ? Lots of non-smokers find the room note of many aromatics to be pleasant. Quite a few women have voiced to me their approval of these. As for Lat heavy blends ? Not so much.
How is a vanilla blend aro scented candle different from a plain vanilla one ? Or do these products smell like plain unburned tobacco leaf ?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I've seen a few candles "pipe tobacco" scented. They don't typically pull it off. But being a pipe smoker I'm more critical.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've seen different "flavors" of beer soap (Oatmeal Stout, Porter, Pilsner, and one other) but no tobacco soap. The local B&M carries them during the holiday season

They add Vanilla to it and call it pipe tobacco.
But, all in all, I've always said that anti's don't think of pipes as being the same as cigarettes. If I ask nicely and behave with courtesy, I can smoke my pipe in almost all restaurants. I even sometimes forget to take my pipe out of my clench when I go to the grocery store, and people will come up and say it smells great. I just don't ever catch the same grief cigarette smokers catch. But, I also tend to grab LTF or 5100 when I am going to be out and about, something that has a more pipey smell than a latakia or cigar leaf blend would have.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
^ Yep. These are the folks who 'freshen' the air with chemical sprays rather than simply open a window. Unless the canned stuff really is better? Lol

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Dude, you are way behind the trend. Tobacco scent has been big business for cottage industries for years. Personal favs include pipe tobacco scented beard oil, pipe tobacco pomade and pipe tobacco serum...don’t ask me what it is or where you apply it....
Search pipe tobacco scent on Etsy for a choad-blowing experience.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have a bay rum fragrance. I recently learned here that bay leaf is pipe fodder...
jay-roger.jpg

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Cosmic: Alabama must be way different from the states I live in or frequent or restaurants I go to. I am from Chicago and Wisconsin, travel extensively , and have never found one restaurant that would allow smoking of anything, especially a pipe . I ate lunch at the Golden Corral today, even they wouldn't allow a pipe, and if you ever been to a Golden Corral you would know the inside joke

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
mawnansmiff Perhaps the tobacco soap is aimed at Dunghill pipe owners to blow bubbles with :rofl:
LOL
Don't forget the nicotine gum to get the full simulated experience of smoking a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.