PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Found a lot of 8 tins of vintage Davidoff Danish Mixture today, dating from 1992 and 1993. Just popped open one of the more rusty tins to inspect the contents. Vacuum seal was still intact, but the tobacco was a tad dry. Then blend has aged wonderfully, rich dark golden tones. The smell from the tin is outstanding and instantly reminded me of how pipe smokers used to smell to me dozens of years ago when I was a little kid. Took light easily and oh boy what a fantastic mellow smoke. ver natural, sweeeeeet Virginias, and this note of Vanilla/Honey/Chocolate/Raisins/Danish Butter Cookie is to die for. THIS is how lightly aromatic Virginia tobacco used to be in the good old days. Without doubt the best Danish I've had to date. Marvelous, I'm off for a second bowl and a nice dark coffee.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Your discription was short and to the point. It sounds fabulous.
Sorry iPad was running out of juice so I had to be brief. I'll do a full length review tomorrow ;-)

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
-- please see the dedicated full review thread for the more detailed review of this blend --

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/full-review-davidoff-danish-mixture-20-yrs-aged

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Davidoff Danish Mixture, being a European style aromatic, would be subtly flavored and being mostly the highest quality virginias, it would age extremely well
Spot on!

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
This was my first tobacco, and I really liked it. Will have to get another tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.