PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Small potatoes to some, but I ordered my first full pound in one shot last week and it arrived today. All bulk, but it was stuff I had been wanting and it was cheaper than buying tins. More bang for the buck.
Dunhill EMP and MM965, as well as Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake and McClelland's VaPer.
4oz of each. The McC will be aged as well as a bunch of the Dunhill and a jar of the Bullseye Flake.
Right now I'm enjoying the Bullseye Flake. Pretty good stuff that will certainly age well. Love the occasional hit of sweetness that comes from the cavendish eye of the coin. I'm all stocked for my smokefest next week during my time off.
I also put in an order for the Tobbaco Crawl for myself and a couple other guys. While I was at it I also ordered a couple My Father Flor de las Antilles toros to give the winner of Cigar Aficionados 2012 top 25 a try.
Can't wait for next week. Lots of smoke and house work (repainting the basement and building a patio set).

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
This pound maxed out all the empty Mason jars I had on hand. I ended up needing 10 jars: eight 8oz jars and two 16oz jars.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Got some good stuff! I'm about out of bulk I've lost the taste for and think a pound of that bullseye flake might be prefect for the soon to be empty jar...

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
So 16 tobacco ounces = 112 mason jar ounces?

On another thread I read 2 ounces fit in a 4 oz jar.

My head is fixing to splode.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Well, the larger jars aren't filled all the way up, nor did I put any pressure I them like I did packing the 8 oz jars. Was trying to not make a trip to the store today just for a jar.

Mar 1, 2014
-curl
So 16 tobacco ounces = 112 mason jar ounces?

On another thread I read 2 ounces fit in a 4 oz jar.

My head is fixing to splode.
One is weight the other is volume. I usually get a little over 1lb into a 1L (33 fluid ounce) jar.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I use the little 4oz jelly jars exclusively and jar in 50 gram increments. I use 9 of these little jars per pound with a little left over to smoke immediately. That's 36 jar ounces for the way that I jar. I do have to compress ribbon ever so slightly to get 50 gms to fit but flake always fits easily without any compression. Just the way I do it for aging and it works pretty well. In the future, when I want to crack a jar I can open a "tin worth" without disturbing the aging process on a large qty of tobacco.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I ran out of the little jelly jars, which I usually use because of what @torque said "won't disturb the aging process." I haven't restocked, but now I need to after this last box ran me out of all the jars I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.