PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Just saw this Peterson 2012 Christmas pipe on Ebay and about choked on the price. You should still be able to get these brand new for around 90 to 100 dollars, right? And I'm pretty sure the bands are nickel and not silver.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/IRISH-ESTATE-PIPE-PETERSON-05-CHRISTMAS-2012-/360884538352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5406650bf0&_uhb=1

Jul 15, 2011
I dont think that the annual series of Christmas pipe, St. Pattys Day pipe, etc continue to be produced after the year in which they do any given run, and they differ from year to year, so the fact that it is a limited production might be why they are asking the price that they are. That being said, they are smoking something other than baccy if they think it's worth that much.

Jan 8, 2013
I've looked around online. You can still find the 2012 Christmas pipes. I've seen them listed between 88 dollars and 111 dollars. It seems also that it may indeed have a sterling silver band, but the newer ones I've seen are nickel.
Here's one (UNSMOKED! )from 2009, apparently the first year, with a silver band. And it's not even that pricey.
http://cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=W&srch=DW&item=0pet09x

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I suspect that's someone's idea of jacking up the auction bidding to start. I'm sure those pipes are available

for considerably less at a set price at online retailers, and I have noticed that P-lips go for a little less because

they are an acquired taste, not quite as popular as the default fishtail. The Peterson Christmas 2014 pipes have

just appeared at online retailers for about $103 (if I remember), and they are a bit more colorful than this one.

But you can't slight a seller for trying; I don't think this ploy will work. It makes me suspicious. Also, the St.

Pats 2014 pipes are now available some places for less than $100.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
No those are silver bands, my Peterson explorer series is a silver band.

Status
Not open for further replies.