PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Does anyone have any suggestions for an English blend that is a bit heavier in the nicotine dept?
I enjoy Quiet Nights, Vintage Syrian, Chelsea Morning, they all taste superb but are a bit weak.
Having said that though, is there a stronger English that doesn't become too heavy on the palate? Night Cap, Ten Russians, Midnight Ride and Zulu all hit the spot in strength and flavor but are a bit heavy for a mid-day smoke.
Anything that in your opinion falls in the middle?
Thanks Gents!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Dan Tobacco is full in both flavor and nicotine, Pease Chelsea Morning is medium in both. I'm not sure there are many tobaccos that are medium flavor and full nicotine.
TobaccoReviews is your friend.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Thanks SaltedPlug.

I shall continue seeking the perfect blend that most likely doesn't exist!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Cornell & Diehl: Bow-Legged Bear! That is kinda urban legend for vitamin N. It’s not a classic English though it’s basically what many consider “English”. Try it.
Old Ironsides by Dan tobacco scratches the nic hit well. Kinda hard to find, but worth the chase.
You may also consider Gaslight by GLP. Not a classic English but wonderful to me and the nic hit is definitely Med-Full.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Also give F&K Lancer's Slices a try. Its full flavor, with a decent nic hit. It only comes in bulk and can be difficult to find, but its around if you look.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
If you want a Mid-Day nicotine heavy smoke and it doesn’t have to be an English, then Peterson 3-Ps is calling your name.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
@NPod
I have some old ironsides. I will give it a more serious smoke thru.
How does gaslight compare to Blackpoint(didn't thrill me) or Westminster? I have tins of gaslight and westminster and meridian I haven't cracked yet.
@steamboat-Thanks I will start looking!

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I like C&D’s Engine #99 for both nicotine and English cravings. It’s my “mow the yard” blend. Seems to work great for laborious outdoor tasks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
C&D's Bayou Night has some nic; it's non-aromatic but not a classic English. If you just need a little nic, and like burley, Five Brothers is quite strong, as is Tabac-Manil Semois.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
I find Westminster much fuller in flavor and strenght than gaslight, Odyssey even better. For serious strength I smoke HH ODF, the only non-lat blend I smoke regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.