A Stressful Night At Work, And A Blissful Smoke.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Let's just say it's been a very bad weekend at work. Everything that could go wrong did, and me, my partner, and the night shift floor supervisor, have had to defend our integrity because of some idiots saying things that are not true!

All in all, it's just been plain BAD!
So this morning, after having taken the wife to work, I fired up a bowl of 4 year old McClelland 221b Black Shag in a Black Prince (Barling sub-brand) 1/2 bent, sand blasted bulldog that I restored earlier this year.

The Black Shag was opened about a year ago. I smoked about half the tin, and it's been sitting in the jar now for about 6 months without being opened. The pipe is one that I've never smoked anything other than ODF in. But for some reason this morning, both the pipe and the tobacco were just calling out to me, so I figured "what the hell" and went for it!
It turned out to be a beautiful combination! The pipe, smoking like a champ, and the tobacco is as smooth, sweet and tasty as it can be!

I've paired it up with a Highland Thunderstruck Coffee Porter.
My day is getting better by the minute!
Next up, a Shiner Bock. That should be down by the time I finish the bowl, and then it's off to bed for some well deserved rest!

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I hear you, had those days too, and it makes the pipe and drink all that much more deserved. Enjoy the rest!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks Tex, I did enjoy the rest!

And tonight, me and the wife went out to eat. Nice relaxing meal....steak, baked potato, lots of bread, a Guinness on N2 tap, and a Gerst Amber Ale.

Then we came home and watched football.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day since I got home from work.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
that's good that things are settled down. Well deserved meal and some malted beverage sounds nice.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Jeez Petes03, you sound like you're living a parallel life to my father but with pipe smoking thrown in. You even drink the same beer!
You reminded me of a quote by Alexandre Dumas in his book "The Count of Monte Cristo".

“There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope.”
All in all, feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.