PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
I have always knew that my Great Grandfather smoked a pipe before he passed some years back. He passed away before I was born but I do have a pipe that was his. I have smoked out of it every once in awhile but not to often. When my Grandmother came to visit "his daughter" She noticed I smoked a pipe and shared some stores about her dad. She informed me that he was fond of Edgeworth but was not sure if he smoked anything else. Last month I received a small package from her. Inside was a small tin of Edgeworth sliced with a note.
Dear Chris,
I thought you might get some enjoyment out of this small metal tin. It was the last tin of tobacco my father had smoked out of before he passed. I have no need for it and am just happy I found it.
Here is the tin.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice that you have one of your great granddad's pipes and now this lovely tin too. Some very nice keepsakes for sure. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a great heirloom, and it is so lucky your grandma had the right person to appreciate it. I'd maybe mount that in a little glass box or frame that can open for special handling, but that will keep it safe, out of sunlight. The photos are excellent. Those were the tobacco days in Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.