A step In The Right Direction!

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by settersbrace
  • Latest reply from tlag77
  1. settersbrace

settersbrace

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was out early this morning for an appointment and stopped in a wholesale/retail candy and tobacco outlet near my home which has been in business for over 40 years. They recently renovated and prior to, they always had a few cheapo pipes and a decent cigar selection. I've not been in the place for a year or so and was mainly there to get pipe cleaners. To my surprise they now have 3 glass displays of low to mid grade pipes and BULK Dunhill pipe tobacco and at near wholesale pricing! I loaded up on 965 and Nightcap. This place is almost within walking distance. I saw the owner and complimented him on taking the leap. He said there's a strong demand from the younger population that lives in that hipster part of the city.

I thought some positive tobacco related news would be welcome on a Monday morning. It certainly was for me!

De gustibus et cloribus non disputandum.
    'There is no arguing about tastes and colours.'
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great news settersbrace, as any sign that our hobby may be growing ensures our survival for a few more years to come!

Dot
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Uh-oh, hipsters. When does the latte machine come in? Otherwise, that is good news.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. settersbrace

settersbrace

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Papipesguy, it's already a mocha latte paradise there. For those who are familiar it's the South Side of Pgh. You can get an expensive coffee, tattoo, piercing, booze and now, pipe tobacco.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. tlag77

tlag77

Login to Send PM

Hipsters or not, it's a good thing to see.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique, donjgiles, ormazd, justanotherdude