PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
So my local tobacconist had a few tins of some great old tobacco sitting around. Well today he was kind enough to pop a few tins and share. I didn't get and of the really old balkan sobranie but I did get to sample some of this old, oily stuff. It's the only time I've ever seen bloom on pipe tobacco.
3d675f141ff7c2e3c73f68ed2415c12e_zpsc105b45c.jpg

7f44d8723332e76f7e5b36207f0f8aec_zps71839c1b.jpg

sorry this one is so blurry, this was some soft, oily smooth smoking stuff.

7e44b7a5624be78f8656013acdf1156b_zpscff3503d.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Penzance is a real nice blend and very difficult to find here in the USA. I found id surprisingly easy to handle and pack. It sounds like you had a very special day at the B&M.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
There's nothing like feeling welcomed in your preferred Tobaccanist, and seeing a thanks for your patronage. That is one of the things that make it really worth it. A great and different blend to say the least. I've tried it once abroad during a tasting. I was still new and its a pity i didn't really appreciate it, but i'd love to get my hands on some again. Great pick up and a great story.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Freakie
About 6 months ago I purchased a very old tin of Penzance (about thirty years or so) from a member of the NYC pipe club, looking just like yours, but without the plume.
It was excellent and I believe I shared the rest of the tin with Peck when he came in to NY.
English may not age the same way as the Va's,but it was a definite increase of flavor from a new tin.
Congrats to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.