PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Having the last of this pouch of St. Bruno in the late Paulo Becker 2 Clover smooth capped canted Rhodesian with rusticated body, horn accent and military style stem, keeping it smokey.

banjo
13025fd460551eb9218d142f99ee080deefe045.jpg

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like your style banjo. What is the small celebration smoke celebrating?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Six months ago my CT Scan showed an enlarged spleen, a growth on the tail of my pancreas and some other indicators that my Mantle Cell Lymphoma was becoming active so my oncologist put me on a maintenance schedule. I had my CT Scan Friday and it now shows a normal size spleen, less indicators and a stable growth on my pancreas, all in all I continue with maintenance but having my spleen back to normal was really good news. Every day is a gift and reason to celebrate!

banjo

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Great news banjo! You're so right in saying that everyday is another day to celebrate.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
May you have many more Celebrations Fish, 18 yrs ago Dr at MD Anderson said Go make out your will. Well I"m wishing you well aren't I you will be here a long time Buddy. You take a good picture and I love your Dog.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Cause to celebrate for sure! I love the elegance of the forward dip of the rim of yours and similar pipes, such as the bo-dog and it's many iterations. But I always wonder if lighting the darn thing is gonna be a bugbear. I suspect you are a far more deft hand than I with a lighter. Lovely pipe!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
bigpond,

I use either a Dunhill Rollagas or my Caran d'Ache for canted bowls, they both tend to need to be shielded from wind but the pipe flame is soft and easily managed. Some pipes aren't as picky but I find,Cutty, Churchwarden, Canted and Horn style the ones needing the extra soft flame, I can't shield matches well any longer or that is what I'd use. Regards.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.