PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I bought this lighter at the local gas station. Plastered with classic billiards and sitting eye level at the cash register, I couldn't pass it up.
YEcXrxql.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Let's be careful that anyone under thirty who smokes a pipe isn't therefore a hipster. My wife bought me a couple pairs of skinny jeans at an eighty percent off sale at The Gap, for yard work, and they do the job. But I'm about forty years beyond being any sort of hipster, despite the jeans and the pipe. I think Bic just knows someone out there is smoking pipes, and other people who don't smoke pipes just like the idea of it. If we ever figure out what a hipster is, maybe we can blame it on them. I think they all live in a square block in Williamsburg Brooklyn. All young people do goofy things; maybe they're all hipsters. All people do goofy things....

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Very cool lighter, but is it in a lighter case as well? If that is what I'm seeing that lighter case is super cool...would make any bic lighter step up in class...from hipster to classy gentleperson!! lol. I don't know what a hipster is either, mso. I use black bic lighters almost exclusively...you just have to use them in a way so they provide good flame down the center of the pipe. addendum: Black Bic lighters are just a preference, no increased performance over other colors or designs. :)

May 4, 2015
BICS for me! The only time I don't use a BIC is when I'm motivated enough to fill my Zippo. I still inevitably take a BIC anyway, because my Zippo runs out constantly just to spite me.
Hipster: a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.
So a Hipster is one who smokes a pipe because it's the cool thing to do - even though it's not culturally the cool thing to do. Like ironic mustaches and antiquated hats.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
That looks better than the mystery wood(?) pipes my father-in-law has recently purchased at a local smoke shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.