PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Pardon me,
but I just bought a ton of opening night to age... Havent tried it yet.. I did buy a 2 oz tin to smoke, just too much in rotation atm..
Is Opening Night worth aging????
Title Edited by Zack...No profanity in titles...:)

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I have issues,
I tend to buy then try. So I have been loading the cellar with stuff I might like in a couple years. Makes no sense to me either, but tobacco cellaring seems to be an addiction...
I figure once I get the cellar built, I can sample and then replace what I like at that time.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have many unsampled blends in my cellar.
I have determined that I like, and will likely like, most non-aro tobaccos and have purchased accordingly.
With no time constraints, I might go about things differently but the FDA seems to have other plans in mind.
jay-roger.jpg

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Yessir,
I figured i'd build a cellar of tobacco I like, Check. and then build up tobacco I might like, or tobacco that will be awesome in a couple years! Im a latakia kinda guy ATM, but isn't this the time to cellar Virginias in case my preferences move that way in the future? I mean Latakia will always be Latakia, but from what ive read here Virginia's get better.. I just didn't know about this blend because its Burley based.

Jun 27, 2016
Unless I missed something, Opening Night is straight VA blend, not Burley -based. I think the bulk C&D VA Flake seems like a younger version of Opening Night, so I would just buy that to age instead. Actually I would just buy RO Gold instead! But I've had a jar of O.N. aging from a '15 tin that I've smoked out of a number of times along the way, & it should be good to blend with, at the very least. I'm hoping it gets a little better on its own, but if not, I'll mix it with something. It smoked better than the bulk C&D VA Flake I bought not too long ago, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.