PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Several months ago, in a moment of exuberance my Grandson managed to send one of my Caminettos careening off the counter and on to the floor. The bit snapped off right at the shank. Quickly bending to pick it up he could see what he had done. With tears welling up in his eyes he handed the pipe back to me saying "I'm sorry Grampy". Couldn't be angry and said "it can be fixed". Shortly after George rode to the rescue.

Thank you very much George.

May 31, 2012
Yowza!
Beautiful stuff right there.
Nice save!

:clap:
With George,

it can be more than "fixed",

it can be artfully crafted!
He do it better than good.

:puffy:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Man, does he ever do nice work. Well done and that pipe is a thing of beauty.

P

pipebuddy

Who's Goerges? That pipe with the new push in tenon is just awesome!

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Sweet pipe, I love that variation of the bulldog/rhodie

The Italian Artisans have a kind of neo-classical style to their Bulldogs and Rhodesians. Large bowls are something they all seem to incorporate into their pipes. I have a real weakness for the look. And their sense of art is exceptional. Their smooth pipes are nice but their rustications and blasts are something special. I'm not sure what I like most, smoking them or just looking at them!

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
That makes me want to snap the stem off some of my pipes, just so I can send them in for repair! - LOL
Since everyone else has (justly) complimented that awesome pipe, let me ask about the leather pipe rest. Is that a purpose-built tool, an invention, a found object? That's a neat idea that I haven't seen before.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
They can be found on Ebay. The pictures are by George and the stand is his.
Sending a customer photos when work is complete always seemed like the right way to do it. The Internet equivalent of handing someone their pipe across a counter for inspection before settling up, the way it was done back when B&M repair shops actually existed.
As convenient as a light box, digital camera, and email are, I can't begin to describe how much I wish I had a time machine and could travel back to having one of those "live above" two-decker shops in a cool metro area someplace. (London? San Francisco?) Windows in front so people could watch you work, occasional people would stop in just to see what's going on, and dealing with the Post Office wasn't a daily requirement. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.