PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
58A8671B-8F91-42AA-91DE-1BC4C8DDA81A-27311-00003450F98FFCF1_zpsd7289540.jpg
. This came in the mail today , from a Vet fighting PTSD and Alcholism, he has been clean 3 years but it was a hard 3 years . He had to move away from home to get treatment, did well in the VA home, went to his own apartment and finally is Home. I have all the confidence he will turn his life around, his family, his 3 year old nephew mean a lot to him and he will prevail. Thank You so much Dave.. :clap:

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
That's a sweet one Brad.
Please tell your friend that he's not alone, I wasted years of my life after I came home from Viet Nam. The money that I spent on booze, drugs, lawyers, court costs, etc. would have bought a nice house and a couple of cars. Each of us has had to find our way back down in our own way. It's never easy and it's always painful. Be sure to let him know that there is help available and that it's not pity, it's something that he earned the hard way through his service.
Ay VA hospital should have offices for Veterans Service Officers from the VFW, American Legion and the DAV. Any one of them will be happy to help him, that's what they're there for.
If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll give you my phone number to give to him. Sometimes just talking to someone else who's been through what you have can help. I'm no expert, but I've paid my dues.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Best of luck to your friend, that's one hell of a pipe. I hope you have the chance to give it back to him some day.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
With all of the IED's and multiple deployments I think we are going to see a massive influx of PTSD soon. It's often the wounds we cannot see that destroy the most.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I have said many times to friends and family, it is P.T.S. Not PTSD.

It isn't a disorder.

That is a normal reaction for anyone who has been through the horrors of war.

You only have a disorder if it doesn't affect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.