PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Okay, I am wanting to order up a rope just to try breaking down and smoking this last type of tobacco. I am a bit of a lightweight though, so what rope would you suggest? I don't mind big flavor but it would be nice if the vitamin N didn't knock me off my chair. I would appreciate suggestions or input, thank you.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Thanks fore the input cosmic, your suggestions have always done well for me in the past.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
That's all I can ask, a little warning before I turn green and start redecorating my carpet. :lol:

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Go for it. I'm dying for a warm meal! :twisted:
I was doing CPR on a guy, when he threw up in my mouth. My junior medic was giving compressions, and I wasn't going to punk out, so I just turned my head, spit it out, and yelled, "Mother f____!! You could have at least eaten something I liked!!"
My junior medic got sick. :lol:

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
+1 on the Sweet Coconut Twist. I always have some on hand and smoke it occasionally. Great stuff!!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well Frank, you just greatly reduced the chances of me ever saving a life. :wink: Seriously though, glad you were there to do it. You need one of those bulb things! Sounds like SCT is the way to go.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
No BVR's in the old days? I would have to quickly be a compression only guy or just focus on the I/O port and let my partner get a mouth full of warm lunch.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
Well Frank, you just greatly reduced the chances of me ever saving a life. :wink: Seriously though, glad you were there to do it. You need one of those bulb things! Sounds like SCT is the way to go.
Compression only CPR for civilians is the new protocol; so no worries for you! Just remember, push the center of the chest about 2" to the tune of the Bee Gees staying alive (about 100 bpm).

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I was doing CPR on a guy, when he threw up in my mouth. My junior medic was giving compressions, and I wasn't going to punk out, so I just turned my head, spit it out, and yelled, "Mother f____!! You could have at least eaten something I liked!!"
My junior medic got sick. :lol:
I am thankful for medics like you. If it had been up to me the guy would have died.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Daimyo, I tried both Black and Brown Irish X ropes over the holidays. I liked the black very much, which is the lighter of the two. I'm not particularly sensitive to nicotine but if you are, you can sip these to avoid a rush. There is a lot of flavor, and some don't like it at all. But it is an honest tobacco flavor, heavily stoved.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Let me get my lunch back down my esophagus here ... regarding rope: The black is a little milder than the brown,

supposedly. I'd start out with a very small bowl pipe, like a Group 1 or 2, or a really small cob, just to test the ground.

You're doing it for "an experience," so you expect the nicotine and really strong taste. Have a full meal (not like

Frankenstein's) and enough water/liquid. Go easy getting up from the chair. See how you do. You don't want to

throw up or fall over. Likely you won't. You may not have all that much reaction; many don't.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
ust remember, push the center of the chest about 2" to the tune of the Bee Gees staying alive (about 100 bpm).

Another One Bites the Dust by Queen works as well.
-Jason

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
+1, Big John. Praise Jesus, people don't have to lock lips with a cold one, anymore. *shudder* I did my gig from 87-93. Glad it's over, and if I never see another sick, injured, dying, dead, or dismembered human being ever again, it'll be too soon!

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I agree with the recommendations for the Coconut twist. I like almost all of the ropes I've had, but that one is a good starter as far as the nicotine kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.