PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I don't smoke just one single blend or mixture, but 3 different ones depending on how I feel or what time of the day it is. I usually start the day, after my breakfast, with Dunhill's Elisabethan Mixture, then move onto Royal Yacht and then, to finish the day, I'd smoke a bowl of Nightcap before I go to sleep, but some times I do change this rotation depending on many factors. I usually like high nicotine mixtures, the ones that will knock you off you tail, but I am not always smoking them at the end of the day. Sometimes I like starting the day with a good nicotine kick and them move onto easier blends as I go through the day. Something worth mentioning is the fact that all Orliks blends, who by the way took over from Murray a few years ago, do contain less nicotine than the former ones (namely Royal Yacht and Nightcap), but these are still good enough for my money. If I could, I'd choose the former Balkan Sobranie over Nightcap, but sadly enough they don't make it any more. I personally don't like aromatics or cavendishes. When I am introduced to a new tobacco, if it smells really good, of it it sticks in my fingers, I usually reject it. I don't like cased tobaccos and I will steer clear of most flakes as I find them insidious and very difficult to cope with. Here I would like to hear about your favourite rotation and how you choose it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your tobacco rotation sounds delicious, although I do like flake and plug tobacco very much and find the trouble of smoking

it well worth the effort, though it takes a bit of learning. I'm not anywhere near as routine as you are. I have ten or a dozen

blends at hand (open in jars) and about twice that many not opened. So I am always sampling around, and there is no

predictability as to when I'd like full strength versus milder tobacco, English or Virginia. My habit is variety. Same with pipes.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I also like your rotation, Dunhill rocks!
I like to start the day with a Lat or Oriental forward blend such as EMP, and maybe some Irish Flake or Comoy's Cask No. 7 during the day and finish up with a top quality aromatic from Mac Baren such as Vanilla Cream of Cube Silver.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Since I normally only smoke once or twice a week, I have less of a "rotation" and more of a "pick something I'm in the mood for" going on. Sometimes it's a case of what I haven't tried in a while, other times it's what I'm worried about drying out too much, other times it's about something I'd like to do a taste comparison of... This week, it's likely to be the Odin's Wind that I've been smelling while my lungs recover from the crud - I'm finally getting back in the saddle, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.