PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
I tried to post a WTB request on the tobacco forum for McClleland 5100 but it was deleted. Any particular thoughts as to why a member needs 100 posts to request a tobacco? I can see that requirement if selling something but wanting to buy is a different story I would think. PayPal is the most secure way in the world to pay someone. I've been a member for years but I just don't post all that much.
Ray

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hi Ray. I think you could post more since you've been around so long, or you could suggest talking by PM or email with any takers. I'm going to PM you.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I had an issue with PayPal a while back.....cash on the barrel is the most secure........

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have two very particular thoughts:
1st - This forum exists because of paid sponsors, like those on the list to the right of the Reply box. Kevin would much rather members patronize those businesses versus selling/trading ourselves. Having a buy/sell/trade section(s) isn't exactly following the business model, but Kevin allows us that.
2nd - we want to reward participating members. A 100 post count in four months is easily accomplished by nearly all members. We don't want to reward the casual member who opportunistically only drops into sell something. Trading is a little different, but there has to be boundaries. Why should a member who can't be bothered to participate in even the slightest way be rewarded with a special privilege? We want membership to actively engage in pipe related dialogue not just drop into sell or trade then disappear into the ethos.
This type of rule is enforce in EVERY other pipe forum out there. Well, almost, several require members to upgrade their membership to a PAID membership to be able to sell. We don't do that here, but only require a short membership time and a nominal post count.
So, I'm glad that you asked.
I might add that typically, on posts in that section that need moderation are created by members who are either very new or older one, but don't participate, who also can't seem to be bothered to read the Rules section.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Al was kind enough to write a long response, I would have just copy pasted this:
Do Not Publicly Dispute Moderation Decisions
Do not post on the forums questioning moderation decisions or the integrity of the moderators. Questions about moderation decisions can be addressed in private conversation with the moderators. Be respectful of the moderators, both in the forums and in any private communications.
If you disagree with a specific decision made by a moderator, please start a 'Conversation' with any one of the moderators to discuss this decision privately. While we can not discuss confidential matters, we can discuss why a decision was made based on the Forum Rules.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This was a simple question and not a public dispute.
Well, at least this has you posting more, so you will hit the mark sooner. But when you opened a thread about this, rather than using the private messaging feature to ask, you decided to make this public. And while I agree that it's not a dispute, it a public questioning of the mods' decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.