PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The new Larryson arrived, better in real life than his excellent photos depicted. The pipe and tobacco showed up today. Pipe was expected, the tobacco was a surprise from a Cigar Forum friend who lives in England. He got this from a shop that apparently is within a few blocks of the Germain factory. The flakes are what they told him is their closest equivalent to Stonehaven. Very similar but more Virginia forward than Burley forward. I believe it is their Rich Dark Flake. The "Smoking increases the risk of impotence" warning was rather humorous. I suppose the anti smoking Nazis think Men will be more concerned about not getting laid than they will about dying. I can see some reasonable amount of logic there.
larryson-and-tobacco-600x449.jpg

May 4, 2015
My Larrysson arrives today as well! I CAN'T WAIT!
I'll be opening an aged tin of McCranie's Red Flake to celebrate the occasion!
Congrats!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
You're set up for plenty hours of enjoyment there. It must hurt to be you!
About the whole impotence thing, maybe I could get a medical tobacco prescription to tame my ever increasing libido.

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Beautiful pipe! And the tobacco sounds great! I just opened a tin of Stonehaven and the smell is intoxicating. I haven't smoked it yet though, we shall if the taste is the same.
And you just have to give it up to the guy who decides what pictures/slogan to add to tobacco to scare people away! When I was in Norway 10+ years ago, there was a disgusting picture of severe dental/mouth issues on a pack of cigarettes. Makes you think twice I guess, but mostly it is pretty disgusting.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
The warning label can't be true about tobacco and impotence. I got a stiffy looking at that great pipe. :D

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Beautiful pipe lasttango!
I smoked a bowl of the Germain Rich Dark Flake. To be fair, I was on the way to pool league so I really didn't get to sit back and savor it. Quite good, I need to smoke a few more bowls to give it a fair assessment.
When I returned home, I filled up the Larryson with 15 year old 5100 for it's first adventure with flame. What a great choice. The 5100 was absolutely incredible and the Larryson was superb. It barely got warm to the touch during the entire bowl, smoked it to the bottom of the bowl to a fine ash.
I decided I was on a run and loaded up some of the Plum Cake. When I opened the pouch, I wondered why they call it plum cake? Stringy ribbon cut like a number of Esoterica blends. Packed it, applied fire and after the first 5 puffs or so, thought I shouldn't have pressed my luck. Glad I stuck with it. This is a very unique tobacco with a flavor all its own. I can see a lot of people hating this. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit as it progressed down the bowl. This tobacco needs to be sipped and learned. I kind of gulped the 5100 down, figured out I couldn't do this with the Plum Cake. It's not likely to make my regular rotation but it certainly is good enough to warrant keeping some around. It burnt to the bottom with an extremely fine ash.
So this was the conclusion of an exceptional pipe and tobacco day.

Status
Not open for further replies.