PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Trevor Talbert Pipes have always intrigued me, in fact when I saw one of his pipes with a bamboo shank I jumped on it like a chicken on a June Bug. Several years later this one, a Talbert Grade, 1 knuckle Billiard Stack with Cumberland accent rings, one between the bamboo shank and the briar shank and one at the end of the bamboo, completing this is a beautifully shaped Cumberland Stem. Keeping it smokey with some of the last of this tin of Virginia no. 1 by Mac Baren.

banjo
29892530227_34aab405d1_z_d.jpg

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Just now catching this! I made a lot of bamboo-shank pipes back in the late 90's and early 2000's, but then they started getting so popular that everyone was making them so I laid off for a long time. I've started making a few more recently though, as I really love the things. It's funny you posted this now, because I've been restoring and selling off some of my older pipes lately as a fundraiser to help pay for my wife's cancer surgery, and there are at least four or five bamboo-shank pipes in the queue to be cleaned and sold.

Jan 8, 2013
How did this thread go unnoticed? Great looking pipe as always Fish.
I hope everything concerning your wife is a success, Trever.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Trevor: I am a big fan of your work and have a handful. I bought the last pipe you sold on your web page almost two years ago , the green one.
You and your family have endured many challenges in recent years, I hope everything gets good with you and your family soon . I want the next Halloween pipe you make , it’s my families favorite holiday, there’s a picture on here somewhere. The funkier the better. Banjo I love your pipes.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Yeah, it's been quite a two year stretch. First my wife's mom fell and broke her arm, followed by her dad breaking HIS arm (both are 90 years old) so we spent some extended time caregiving... then her dad started sliding fast into dementia and eventually passed away this spring...then not long after his funeral, my wife found out she needed dental surgery for a cracked tooth AND had colon cancer. So... Yeah, it's been "interesting" times.
She's gone through the surgery now and is here at home recovering well, and can already get up and about pretty nicely. Mostly her gripe is with her short energy span now - She can walk around and feel pretty normal and energetic for about 2-3 hours and then she's completely wiped out and needs to lie down and nap.
Anyway, this is what has inspired the flood of old pipe posts that are gradually happening on my website now. Some regular collectors donated pipes from their collections to help, and I'm now sitting on a startling pile of various older pipes of mine, going all the way back to the first pipe I ever sold! (The Saruman, for anyone with a memory that long) I'm gradually cleaning them up and posting them for sale with hopes that this will help make a decent-sized dent in the avalanche of hospital bills that have begun to pour in.

Status
Not open for further replies.