PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Well, found out that my mother's PayPal account was hacked and it is throwing charges at the bank account. The customer service has been pretty useless, so keep an eye on your stuff, and be careful who you purchase from.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Yeah my hope is that the bank will turn away the charge, seeing as it is also labeled as occurring on 8/22/2013. We have also already put a stop payment on one and it has recurred.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I stopped using PayPal. It's slow and a pain for non US residents. Reloadable Visa is instant no matter how much money is transferred to the card. PayPal has been good for some but for others it has not been. I happen to be one of those 'others'. Just had bad experiences with them and I like no hassle deals. Each their own I always say.

I hope everything gets cleared up with your ma's account. Being hacked sucks and it's a pain to get everything back to normal, I know from experience as well. Good luck with everything man!
Edit: spelling
Sent from my iPhone.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I will second Cavendish's idea. I use a pre-paid Visa card for all my online purchases. It has all the same protections as a normal credit card (insurance and such) and it is not attached to any bank account that I have. If someone where to hack that card they can't access anything else. They are accepted anywhere that normal Visa cards are accepted and to my Canadian brethren, if you use them in the States they don't charge you the currency conversion fees that you normally get dinged with. Every time I go to the US I save $40-$50 on conversion charges!

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Well, it took two hours that night and a change of customer service personnel, but at the moment I think everything is back to normal. Once the transfer back to the bank is complete we will shut down the account.

lovethebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2013
I have never had a problem with using PayPal. It is the number one trusted online pay center in America? The problems I have had using online shopping sites is when I didn't use Paypal.

I had over 20,000 dollars taken out of a account when not using Paypal. I totally trust the PayPal system.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Knock on wood. I have never had a problem with it. And actually wont purchase from a place that doesnt use it. Paypal has great coverage in case something like that does happen. They usually cover you, then go after the scammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.