PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As a member of Forums on pipesmagazine, how many cigars do you smoke a week, month, or year. I don't smoke two a year, I admit. I enjoyed them when I "wasn't smoking," in support of my late wife who had quit cigarettes; I'd smoke a cigar or two on business trips. She knew I did this, and appreciated the solidarity otherwise. Now I smoke almost entirely pipes. The economics pleases me, but I also much prefer the variety of flavors and the ability to mix blends at will. How many cigars do you smoke a day, an hour, a week, a month, or a year?

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I used to be a cigar smoker, probably 2-3 a week at one point. I haven't smoked a cigar in several years though.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I was never really into heavy cigar smoking. Now I don't smoke them at all. There are still 2 or 3 someplace around the homestead that friends have given me, but I have no desire to smoke them. The pipe satisfies me.

Cigars serve two purposes for me. In the lounge at the Briary, it's hard as hell to "hold court" and enjoy a pipe. You can't clench and breathe smoke if you are consonantly having to take the pipe out to talk. But, with a cigar, you can tell a joke, and then smoke your cigar as you wait for all of the laughing to die down. Or, on a night when I am at home alone, I can set on the porch, and go for a Triple Ligero deep dark cigar that will send me into a nicotine coma for the evening.
I really only smoke about ten cigars a year socially, and maybe twice that for inducing coma, ha ha. The boutique blenders, GTO's even have a line of cigars called "Pain Killers" and "Anesthesia."

jamban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
It's between 0-2 depending on the year. I don't look for them, but i'd never turn a nice one down. Especially the ones with complexity in flavour.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I was a big cigar smoker I was smoking 5-6 a day. Since I gave them up I might smoke one every couple of years. Cigars don't give me the depths of flavors I get from my pipes. There is one cigar that I would smoke on a regular basis if I could get them. That cigar is the Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Lanceros. It is one of my top 3 favorite cigars, but unfortunately it is not a regular production cigar.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Usually a couple cheroot-size and a couple robusto size per day. I have taken to smoking cigars when anywhere but home, and smoking pipes only while I am at home.

sakoguy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
Probably around 30 a year mostly in the summer. I prefer them over the pipe when I'm drinking and in social situations.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Two years ago I was smoking 10-15 per week. Now down to 3-5 a week in favor of more pipe smoking. I also prefer a cigar in most social settings but usually grab a pipe when the kids are in bed and things quiet down at home.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I do have a fairly well stocked cigar humidor, but i only smoke 1 or sometimes 2 in a month. Pipe smoking is more to my liking.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
I smoke around 4 or 5 a week. I love the convenience of cigars... smoke and pitch, without the cleanup and care that a pipe requires. Cigars and pipes are two separate animals... but I find both quite enjoyable!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I love the aroma of a good cigar, however, I only smoke a couple per year as I never purchase them. The pipe keeps me sufficiently entertained. :puffy:

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
Up until my son was born almost 2 years ago, around 5-10 per week. Now, 1 or 2 a month. But I try to get a bowl or two in every day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I admit, I never turn down an offered cigar, even if it is very ordinary. They are not handed out in a celebratory way as they used to be for births and at weddings, but I've had a nice one at an event or two, and as a gesture of hospitality. You win big points if a cigar smoker finds out that you can really handle a cigar. Someone who offers a cigar and a brandy is really rolling out the carpet, and I'm impressed.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
About one or two a week. I prefer smoking a cigar than a pipe when mowing. Some favorites are Saint Luis Rey Double Corona, Bolivar Coronas Junior and Trinidad Reyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.