PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Like some of us have surely done before, I led my steps to the nearest Cinema and got myself drowned in the last Bond - Spectre.
This is where my mind was literally broken down to pieces.
Make sure you are not interrupted.

Start the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFoT6UUNLZc

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Antonio Vivaldi - Nisi Dominus RV608

Cum dederit dilectis suis somnum - by Andreas Scholl
I've listened to it at least 8 or 9 times in the last hour. I just keep getting high and taken away on a magnificent and sublime journey with angels to the abyss of my soul.

Washed over, rolled in the mud of how shit I am feeling right now... And I keep asking for more.
But hey, we're all manly men here, right ... :crazy:

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Really sad no one listened to this.

I won't suit all ears but I had hoped some might really enjoy it !

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Enjoying it right now, thanks a lot for sharing. Although I love Baroque and Classical eras more than others, I have never liked music of Vivaldi biased on his Four Seasons. However this one went directly to my playlist. Thanks again. Here is the one I listen at least once a day, I never pass a day without listening to this one since I have found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ixGAOwCiQ

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I agree with you. It's funny that way that we might like something, a genre or a type, but not like one in particular because of one thing he did.

Although, not in this case, I still put some parts of the Four Seasons very loud in my office.
The piece you sent me is really beautiful. I have never heard it before. And it's going in my playlist.

I like the beginning particularly. there is a bit between 2.40 and 3.30 that I enjoyed less.

I find the feeling of tragedy and inevitability that the piece makes me think about really well done. Pam pam pam papam pam pam pam papam ... then the profound melody of the cello (cello, right ?) that turns into delicate notes of high pitch piano after the middle part.
Beautiful.

thanks for sharing !!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I have never liked music of Vivaldi biased on his Four Seasons. ???? Are you saying you do not like The Four Seasons?

I happened to catch the movie you showed the clip on on TMC several weeks ago.

Sad film! Tragic waist of a man life and how he hurt so many others by his arrogance and greedy ambition.
Man I love Vivaldi, Four Seasons and all. 8O

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
@carver, you are welcome.

@okiescout, well I cannot listen to it from very beginning to the end, though I listen to some parts sometimes. My favorites are Chopin, Schubert, Mozart, some Beethoven sometimes, Maurice Ravel, Bizet, Strauss, Tchaikovsky, etc.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Like pipes and tobacco I guess, different strokes for different folks.

Chopin, Schubert, Mozart, some Beethoven sometimes, Maurice Ravel, Bizet, Strauss, Tchaikovsky, etc.

I enjoy those composers also :lol: Not everything they have written but much of it. But I am pretty open to music as long as it is harmonious.

Status
Not open for further replies.