PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I spent my Saturday training and thought I'd share a picture.
This the dreaded "Nine Hole" drill on a VTAC training barricade. Target was a steel form at 100 yards, shoot for time until all hits are made. I'm shooting it "weak handed" (i.e., I shoot a carbine left handed as a rule) and while this hole wasn't awful, the four on the bottom are devilishly hard. Certainly the most difficult evolution of the day.
Temperature on the range was 95+ and the humidity was about like being submerged -- in other words, a typical South Florida rainy season day. Great instructors and a nicely mixed class -- some certified BAMFs and some regular guys -- including one fat, suburban lawyer. (Don't judge too harshly -- I'm down 60 lbs, albeit with a ways to go.)
If this sort of training (carbine or pistol) interests you, let me know and I can steer you to some good facilities in the southern half of the state that attract some of the best guys -- Randy Cain, Lew Awerbuck, Bill Jeans, Pat Rogers, Kyle Lamb and others.
RobertAR15.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Bad Ass.
I can't wait til I'm able to go to a shooting range and take some courses and maybe one day go hunting with some buddies.
Get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.