PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
1)Please, pretty please with a massive cherry on top....Put your cameras higher than your eyeline!! I don't want to look up at you, nor see up your nose nor get the impression that you are impersonating Vincent Price on a bloody horror show!!! If you put the camera higher you look friendlier and happier. Give it a crack.
2) Yes you have a great pipe it's fantastic, it does not need a 5 minute intro 30 seconds of which consists of you looking blankly down the camera barrel whilst puffing away. A short description will do. We can google a better look of the make and model later if we think it might be something we are interested in. Enough of the pipe stroking!.
3) Take notes first, get you sh"§ in one sock so to speak. Write your thoughts about the Tobacco down in point form and then do a dry run. After that, 'lights, camera and action'! Although it can be endearing to watch the common man fumble around for descriptors or tear his hair out when he forgets what tobaccos are actually in the blend he is reviewing, after a short while it's just wasting time and bandwidth. Not to mention as helpful as a punch in the ear. So organise what you want to say, critique yourself on whether your points are clear or not. If you are trying to be wacky and funny, review your hijinx a few hours after you've done the video and ask yourself 'am I funny?'
Of course you can tell me to blow it out my butt and do what you like...The power of clicking away still remains for me.
Cheers

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
Actually I do not regard video as the optimal medium for tobacco reviews. A written review, with pics of the tin art and the tobacco itself, which you can read several times and come back later, seems more informative to me. I also wonder, what to make of reviews, which show how the tin is opened for the first time, the tobacco stuffed into the pipe and is solely about the first impressions of the first few minutes of smoking.
Kind regards,

Peter

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
The power of clicking away still remains for me.

Yes I've only watched a few of these. The ones I have watched seem to be mostly concerned with showing how much smoke someone can produce without giving any serious information about the tobacco. And then if you are trying to talk, take the pipe out of your mouth.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
It's all about their 15 minutes of fame. I have gotten quite good info from some posters, about other subjects there, but not one from a piper that I've seen.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
Now, showing beginners, how to pack, light and maintain a pipe, is much easier shown on video, than with words, or written descriptions, so it has it's places.
Kind regards,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.