PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
This is probably not exactly what you Red Virginia addicts are looking for but you can still readily buy Red Virginia Whole Leaf. If you are super worried about the supply disappearing then buy a bunch of this stuff and store it for later use. You'll eventually need to learn how to hydrate and shred it... Just an option I'm throwing out there. Keep in mind too that this will have no toppings/sauces of any kind.
BTW, I noted on their website that UPS will no longer ship tobacco products of any kind. It's getting bad.. real bad for tobacco.
http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Flue-Cured-Virginia-Red-Leaf-Unmanufactured-Tobacco-FCV1.htm

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Not so sure about the Red VA, but I'm tempted to get a couple of pounds of the Corojo Ligero cigar filler leaf.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I bought a big bag of this a few years ago. it's moldering maturing in my basement cellar right now.
Any recommendations for processing this? I'm thinking moistening then slow, low heat. Maybe some
Heinz-Ketchup.png

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Think Sloppy Joe. Layer the ketchup treated leaves, intersperse the last few layers with Nutella. Press to a dense plug. You could call it Gobstopper Plug. An entire meal in every bowl.
Meaty ketchup spiciness gives way to toasted bread Virginia notes and eventually to a nutty chocolate finish. The ketchup is not so much condimental as condiment. Smokes to a squishy black slug, requires numerous relights with a MAPP gas torch. Not quite an all day smoke. Four stars out of five.
Ren

Status
Not open for further replies.