PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
I commissioned this "Pierced Calabash" from Sergey Cherepanov last fall. He sent it in mid December. After languishing in US Customs for over 6 weeks, it finally arrived today. Cherepanov has some mad skills.
chercal.jpg

chercal2.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Beautiful!

He is definitely an artisan.
Congratulations on the acquisition of that work of art.

Now the burning question...

Are you going to smoke it?

yachtexplorer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
Wherever the boat is moored
"That is gorgeous! I'd be interested in hearing how it smokes with the multiple draw holes in the bottom."
The bowl itself is made of briar and the "mushroom" cap is olive wood. The bowl has a center hole and three outer holes that all converge on the larger center hole. From the top it appears to be one hole but from the bottom you see all four. The thin ring of ebonite where the bowl seats and another around the top of the bowl, under the cap makes a durable seal.
Any yes I do intend to smoke this one. I can't say when but I will post a report when I do.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
You know that topic "Most Beautiful Pipe" a few days ago? --- This is it. . ..Seriously. .. most beautiful pipe ever.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Awesome! Very impressive creation there...congratulations! A thing of beauty...a true treasure. :clap:

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I thought I'd seen the ultimate pipe....I was wrong.... NOW I've seen the ultimate pipe!.... :clap:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
May I be the only dissenter? It looks kind of clownish to me. :crazy:

At any rate, since it obviously appeals to you and many others here, I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.

And congrats on getting a new piece. That's always exciting. :clap:

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Wow, that looks amazing. Have to say i'm not sure i would smoke it though. More of a work of art for me. But let us know how it smoke's though :)

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I can appreciate the exquisite wood and the fine artistry. It is an amazing piece of pipe art. The shape reminds me of a curling whale tail.
Congrats and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.