PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The doctor who recently removed my gall bladder decided that I needed a bunch of tests to determine my overall health.The results are in.If you're one who some times wonders if pipe smoking is harmful read the rest of this post.My liver,lungs arteries.blood,heart,heart rate,and oxygen level are all very good.Not bad for a 71 year old codger.It looks like the only damage I've suffered from these 40 plus years of pipe smoking has been to the wallet.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Wonderful news, Puffy, may you live to be 120!

I'm another old codger--and I'll be 72 in 2 days. After 54 years of puffing away, my dentist says that if I didn't tell him about my pipe smoking, he'd never know it from looking at my mouth. My doctor stops by once in a while to smoke a bowl with me. My wife of 35 years says that the happiness my pipe smoking gives me is wonderful to behold. Let's not forget the happiness factor when calculating our overall health.

Puff on, Puffy!

Mar 1, 2014
Good to hear.
I like to say that people who live an unhealthy lifestyle are going to be unhealthy.

Regular exercise and a moderate diet are all you probably need (there will be the odd exception of course). It's the people who are almost completely inactive and eat nothing but garbage who need to be worried.

Unfortunately in this society that is something far too easy to achieve.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I hold up my next bowl to puffy and ravkesef. May you both be blessed and enjoy your pipes for many a year to come.
Congatulations gentlemen for your good health and youthful spirits.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Good to hear, both. And encouraging news for those of us who have picked up the hobby very early in life (like everyone else on this wonderful site, you're awful influences!).

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Great news! I think the relaxation I get from pipe smoking goes a long way towards my overall health. Keep up the good work! :puffy:

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
Puffy and ravkesef, my next bowl will be a toast to you both. I can only hope that I make it as long as you two have. May you each have another 70 years of piping bliss! :puffpipe:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Long live pipe smoking! But over the weekend I had a pain in my upper arm that seemed heart-related, and at times I get that annoying tickle in my throat, a cough/sneezing, suggesting to me, at least, that my body definitely has taken a tobacco hit.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Good news puffy! Glad to hear it. That gives me hope. And Eric, happy birthday yesterday. May you both smoke another 71-72 years

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Good for you!
I have no doubt. I just got back from a long weekend in Yosemite. I was with 4 non smoking family members, and they didn't like me smoking my pipe on the trail. I practically ran up the 8 mile hike (all uphill), so I could take several nice long smoke breaks...I kept teasing them all that "le fumeur est le plus rapide!" Yes, I hiked with the ONLY non-smoking French people that I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.